Parties in India are very popular way of meeting with people after long time. Themes based parties are very popular and specially retro Bollywood theme parties. In this article we have mentioned 60s costume party what to wear, and how to look the best and unique.
- Polka, Plaids and Flora – Dotted dresses are always best for a retro party. Many Bollywood actresses have opted for dotted dresses for their movies, which became a hit, like dimple kapadia, vidya balan, and many more. You can try for monochromes and large sized polka dots for a different look. You can go for checkered saree or a lehnga choli with bold floral prints. It will give you a bold classy look. You can team up the dress with earrings, neck piece which will suit your look.
- Edgy Drape – If you don’t want to buy a new dress, than go for a old saree of your mom and drape it tightly like Mumtaz’s classic orange saree. You can also choose a saree with shimmery border. You can wear any hair accessory with the saree to look glamorous. This look will never disappoint you as it is the best answer to the question 60s costume party what to wear.
- Ruffle and Bell Drama – If you have confidence, boldness and dramatic clothes than you will surely rock the party. You can take inspiration from the spunky style of Zeenat Aman or graceful style of Neetu Singh aka Kapoor. You can choose bell sleeved and bold printed tunics with a scarf in head. You can wear long neck chains and scarfs or sunglasses.
- Trouser Flare – If you want to wear something classy and comfortable as well, than go for flared bottoms. Choose trouser suit with bold floral and geometrical prints. Back comb and puff up your hair.
- Layers and frills – You can pick a Indo western layered gown for a retro look. Team it up with vintage jewellery and some hair accessories. You can also curl your hairs for a classic and retro look. This look is always a hit in the parties where retro is the theme.
Retro theme party is always popular but getting dressed for it is little tough. We hope this article has given you an idea of 60s costume party what to wear. Be confident and carry a big smile, it will surely make you look more elegant and attractive among all.